FONEMED’s Registered Nurses provide telephone triage and health advice to callers across North America. We use computerized Schmitt/Thompson triage guidelines to assist in assessing patients’ symptoms. In addition to triage calls, we receive questions requesting information on medical conditions, medications, diagnostic tests, etc… All calls are documented electronically and all telephone encounters are recorded.
FONEMED’s clients are primarily physician practices. Clients have their patients’ calls transferred to FONEMED when their offices are closed. The majority of hours are evenings, nights and Saturdays and Sundays.
FONEMED’s nurses work remotely from home.
FONEMED hires throughout the year based on projected call volume increases. We maintain application submissions on file for up to 6 months. As new position openings come available we pull from our resumes on hand, and also post to external recruitment websites. If you have not received a call from FONEMED within 6 months of submitting your application and would like us to keep you in our files, please re-submit your application.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Three years recent clinical experience, pediatrics and adult. Most triage calls are pediatric, and come from throughout North America.
- Minimum 1 year recent experience in telephone triage using electronic triage software and computerized medical protocols/guidelines is normally required for home-based nurses.
- Experience using the Barton Schmitt/David Thompson guidelines will be an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment, and maintain FONEMED standards of an average of 4-5 triage calls per hour.
- Basic computer skills within a Windows environment and keyboarding ability.
- Active RN licensure in state of residence. Must be willing to apply for additional licensure at employer’s request (reimbursement provided).
- Bilingual English/Spanish or another language will be considered an asset.
Expectations of Nurse:
- Flexibility with hours, including being able to work 3 weekends a month.
- Separate room with door to keep out regular family noise (also consider dog barking, etc.)
- High speed internet access (no dial-up) and a dedicated landline.
- Participation (via telephone) in staff meetings.
- Full compliance with FONEMED policies and procedures, including HIPAA privacy requirements.
Compensation and Hours:
- Hourly pay
- Paid Leave
- Pension Plan / 401(k) with company matching
- Access to FONEMED’s company health insurance and payment of 80% of employee premiums (FTE)and 50% of family premiums
FONEMED concentrates hiring in the 24 Nurse Licensure Compact states and the states where we already have employees. If your state is not listed below, contact your state legislators and encourage them to enact the Compact (https://www.ncsbn.org/158.htm). And even if your state isn’t here, please feel free to submit your resume since our hiring needs can change quickly depending on new client requirements.
If you have contacts among hospitals, clinics, physician practices or other potential clients or if your current call center is closing, we pay a minimum of $400 for each qualified lead that results in a signed client contract. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Please visit this web site for general information about working from home.
Advance your health care sales career with FONEMED’s nationally recognized sales team. As a sales professional for FONEMED you’ll be an integral part of our high-energy inside sales team, developing a professional skill set and learning the intricacies of our organization and industry. Day to day, you will be interacting with our customers, selling our proprietary products and services that will best suit their needs. In addition, you will take part in a dynamic training program that will have you well prepared to meet the challenges that are associated with the ever changing health care industry. As a result of your hard work and dedication to FONEMED, we will be looking to implement several opportunities to grow your career with potential distribution and wholesale opportunities.
FONEMED seeks an accomplished graduate and/or sales professional with a minimum of 1 year continually growing sales experience, who has demonstrated leadership in previous work experiences, preferably in health care sales. We welcome all candidates who have a proven track record in closing the deal and providing exceptional customer service. Ideal candidates are interested in building a career in FONEMED.
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during transition and ramp-up into 40 hours per week.
- A performance-minded individual who is goal-oriented and highly organized.
- Highly motivated with a competitive spirit, thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Fluency in health care sales and/or professional level sales required.
Total compensation is based upon commission only. A successful health care sales professional can expect to earn a commission based income in the range of $30,000-$100,000k + per year. After 3 months of successful sales, sales professionals are eligible for health insurance and after 6 months they are eligible for 401(k) matching benefits.
Health Service Representatives (HSRS)
HSRs are the initial point of contact for our callers. Primary responsibilities are answering calls and submitting demographic information.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Computer skills within a windows environment.
- Good telephony and communication skills.
- Previous call center experience an asset.
A two week orientation period is provided. At this time all HSR positions are in Newfoundland, Canada.
It is the policy of FONEMED to comply with the concepts and practices of affirmative action, and we pledge our full support to equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical disability, medical condition, age, status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Veteran of the Vietnam Era, or Other Eligible, provided the individual is qualified to perform the duties described above.
Please choose the job for which you wish to submit an application.