FONEMED’s Registered Nurses, licensed throughout North America, provide real-time remote monitoring of medical devices in people’s homes or care facilities. Our nurses have an average of 10 years experience. We select and train them with the special skills they need to provide medical advice by computer and telephone. Our copyrighted web-based operating system communicates with the operating systems of monitoring devices and with caregivers to provide a seamless interface for case and disease management. Where immediate guidance is needed for direction to appropriate care, FONEMED uses the gold-standard Triage Protocols of Drs. Barton Schmitt and David Thompson. Our services are available 24/7.
The Monitoring Process
FONEMED works with caregivers to deliver customized service for each requirement. Typically this will include:
- Selection of appropriate remote devices and protocols.
- Establishment of a periodic remote monitoring program.
- Automatic alerts to the FONEMED Call Center if programmed readings are missed or if readings are outside the parameters set by medical caregivers.
- Automated alerts on the device or via telephone back to the patient describing the problem and asking if they wish to speak to a nurse.
- Live telephone follow-up by a health service representative if there is no response.
- Live telephone follow-up by a Registered Nurse if requested or required.
- Appropriate medical guidance or information by the nurse.
- Individual Encounter Report for trending delivered electronically or by fax immediately to care-giver or case/disease management worker under HIPAA guidelines.
- Aggregated call reports.
Why Partner with FONEMED?
- Medical practices generally have their hands full providing care to patients who are physically present and are not staffed to monitor patients remotely.
- Most nurses are not skilled and trained in the art of monitoring and providing advice by telephone and computer.
- Few medical facilities, case or disease management companies, have the resources to respond immediately on a 24/7 basis to alerts from remote devices.
- Substantial specialized staff and infrastructure must be dedicated to expanding a successful pilot project to large populations. Few institutions can divert internal resources 24/7 for this purpose.
FONEMED is URAC-accredited and has the communications and information infrastructure, Registered Nurses, and experience in place to respond to your needs.
Contact us today for more information.