FONEMED provides after-hours coverage to colleges and universities throughout the US, as an extension of our triage services for physician practices, clinics and hospital systems. We customize our services to ensure that your students receive the quality of care and services they expect from your student health center.
At the end of the day, on weekends, or anytime the clinic is closed, simply have a recording directing all medically-oriented calls to our call center. Our Registered Nurses will triage your students and direct them to the most appropriate care, be it the Emergency Room or an appointment at your student health center.
We will then fax an Encounter Report directly to your office, so that you will know what advice was given to your students.
Why Outsource Triage?
- Increased Coverage – Students have access to appropriate age-related medical advice when your health center is closed.
- Response Time – Our nurses return calls often much faster than a busy on-call nurse or physician is able to do.
- Safety – Detect school-related infectious outbreaks immediately.
- Reduced Risk to University – Students have access to resources after hours regarding friends with alcohol or drug issues.
- Parental Concerns – Parents expect that there is someone available at all times for their students to consult.
- Predictability – We use standard computerized guidelines for advice, based on accredited national standards.
- Reduced Expenditures through Redirection – Nurse triage reduces out-of-pocket expenses for families and more appropriately utilizes insurance dollars by referring only those patients who need to be seen at an ER or UCC and cannot wait until the health center opens. Many undergrads are novice users of health care and over-utilize.
- Referrals – We refer to services that are specific to your school or area and include directions to websites that you utilize for information.
- Overflow Calls – FONEMED can take overflow calls during busy periods (flu season), allowing staff to continue medical care in the Health Center.
- Accreditation – FONEMED has been fully accredited by URAC for health call center services since 2000.
- Experience – FONEMED has been offering nurse triage for over 14 years and currently covers 150,000 student lives around the country.
- HIPAA – We are fully HIPAA compliant as your Business Associate.
- Malpractice Insurance – We carry more than the industry standard – limits of $2 million/$4 million – and we have never had a claim.
- Individual Attention – FONEMED loads your health center-specific data and preferences into our system and a clinical supervisor is always available to respond to your inquiries.
- Documentation – Calls are recorded and instantly-faxed encounter reports document the results of the conversation in chart-ready format. A month end summary of calls is also provided.
- Contracting – Straightforward contracting with no hidden fees and rates locked in for up to one year.
- RN Triage – Only licensed RNs triage your calls. Our nurses currently have, on average, 10 years of clinical experience.
- English/Spanish – There is no extra charge for Spanish translation calls.
- References – References are available from other colleges and universities.
Contact us today for more information!